Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Beginnings

Well I'm in for a lot of new beginnings. I have just moved from New York to Iowa! I am taking my world and breathing new life into it. I have settled into a new place and I'm excited to create wonderful things, both in my work as well as my life. New Beginnings.
Just as my life is getting a new chance I give discarded clothing and furniture a new lease on life. I see the potential in many things that I find. They have the potential to be become beautiful things. Just as people are beautiful on the inside as well as out I see the inner beauty in many things that have been left by the way side. Everything deserves to look beautiful. And I know how to do that.
For example I found some sweaters that I recrafted into some beautiful clothing.


I have also given a new look to a couch too.
and a bloved foot stool as well.

But before I left New York I was busy. Some of the new things that I did are here......




Those are just some of the things that have kept me busy as well as packing

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must digg your article so other people are able to see it, very useful, I had a hard time finding the results searching on the web, thanks.

- Norman

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather. I have a question about your blog, please email me when you get a chance. HeatherVonSJ(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks!

The Things That I Do

The Things That I Do
Meghan's quilt front and back, Wall murals in the playroom

The Pretty Things I Can Do

The Pretty Things I Can Do
Clockwise from the upper left; Wall murals in the nursery, Queen quilted douvet for Jen, King !!! Quilt commisioned