Saturday, February 21, 2009

A dress for Meghan

Well I finally finished the dress that I started for Meghan on her Birthday. The dress was made from an old dress that belonged to my mother. It was a brides maid dress of really pretty pink velvet. I made the dress without a pattern and I left it open in the back with a tie to adjust the fit and ribbon for the shoulder straps.


I then added the finishing details with silk flowers and some lace from a dress my grandmother made. I think it came out pretty nice.
I also got around to finally getting pictures of Meghan's room finally finished, well for now. When she gets older I'll do more, like perhaps a mural. But you can see the chandelier in a more finished setting.
I made her curtains when we first moved in about 3 years ago. I added the curtains on the side to add more volume but now I need to adjust the ones in the middle. I painted the walls and the boarder was stamped on in silver. A pretty tranquil feeling over all but not to pink due to the fact that the wall color is a light peach.

No comments:

The Things That I Do

The Things That I Do
Meghan's quilt front and back, Wall murals in the playroom

The Pretty Things I Can Do

The Pretty Things I Can Do
Clockwise from the upper left; Wall murals in the nursery, Queen quilted douvet for Jen, King !!! Quilt commisioned