Friday, January 30, 2009

Turning Three


These past few week I've been getting ready for my daughter's Birthday Party. Being that this was to be the first party at the house I wanted to do something special for her. That is when I thought of a special birthday crown. So I googled B-day crowns to get inspired. Well, I was so inspired I created this pretty crown. I made this crown with some fabric, vintage wallpaper, silk flowers, and a pink glass thrift shop broach. Glitter is very good thing for a little girl, you can never have enough, and pretty butterflys made out of wraping paper. I also added a string of featheres on the inside to soften the edges. I had so much fun that I'm in te process of making more to sell. The vintage wall paper I used as a lining is goin to be the feature this time.


I also wanted a chandelier for my daughter's bedroom but couldn't find what I was looking for. But as it so happens I was at the local thrift store when I spotted this 70's glass plated hanging lamp, but I saw potential. I removed the glass plates and then painted it pink. I then drilled some holes in the candle cups and at the top. I wired some crystals and strung some beads and crystals and, Voila! Pretty crystal chandelier. The picture was taken in the basement where it was made. As soon as it is hung I'll take a photo of the finished job with newly painted walls and a silver stamped boarder.

3 comments:

Questio said...

Nice blog....
I like it.
And I invite you take a peek at my blog as well.
It's http://smartkidtoy.blogspot.com/.

Best Regards.

Bea Rivera said...

This is so beautiful, what a great Mom! You indeed made her special day a great memory. I love your artistic eye!

Maria said...

thank you

The Things That I Do

The Things That I Do
Meghan's quilt front and back, Wall murals in the playroom

The Pretty Things I Can Do

The Pretty Things I Can Do
Clockwise from the upper left; Wall murals in the nursery, Queen quilted douvet for Jen, King !!! Quilt commisioned