Wednesday, February 18, 2009

New Patterns


Last week I was thinking about the engagement party that I was going to and I realized that I didn't have anything to wear, Yikes what to do! Well, I couldn't get better incentive to make the pants and jacket that I wanted to make , oh say 8 months ago?! So I went to work on the pants first. I had purchased some nice olive green corduroy fabric. I laid out the pattern that I downloaded from Burdastyle.com and found out that the fabric wasn't wide enough. What a bummer. Then I remembered that I had 3 yards of jean material, perfect. So I went to work. Now please realize, I have never made pants before and the directions weren't the greatest. Yes there were no instructions on how to put in the pocket, so I tried and ripped out stitches a few times before I got the results that I wanted. After a few frustrating moments, especially when the kids were screaming MOMMY, MOMMY..... and taking a few breaks I finally finished the pants. Next came the jacket which was much easier. Needless to say I think my outfit came out pretty nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sewing - like the colors. You have a talent - wishing you well.

Maria said...

Thanks marlene

The Things That I Do

The Things That I Do
Meghan's quilt front and back, Wall murals in the playroom

The Pretty Things I Can Do

The Pretty Things I Can Do
Clockwise from the upper left; Wall murals in the nursery, Queen quilted douvet for Jen, King !!! Quilt commisioned