Friday, February 20, 2009

Boy's Birthday Gift

After much deliberation and searching the web for ideas on a homemade gift for a boy I had an idea. I will make slippers and an adventurers bag. So I made some boyish slippers from jean and flannel. The bottoms were made from a damaged shearling coat. I believe in recycling. Then I made the bag from jean and lined it with cotton. On the front I put a salvaged pocket from a pair of jeans. I then filled it with a flashlight, book, whistle, key chain, and a canteen.
I think that I will make some more after I make one for my son , he wants the one I made for a gift. In those I'll make available magnifying glasses, compasses, a map, and other explorer items that I can find. I'll make one for girls too. I think theses make a great alternative to over promotionalized items at the stores. Besides one could customize the bag any way you want.

1 comment:

Bea Rivera said...

This is great! A green alternative to repurposing clothing, etc. I love it!!! You have such a talent and it shows in all your work.

The Things That I Do

The Things That I Do
Meghan's quilt front and back, Wall murals in the playroom

The Pretty Things I Can Do

The Pretty Things I Can Do
Clockwise from the upper left; Wall murals in the nursery, Queen quilted douvet for Jen, King !!! Quilt commisioned